Update: Due to the high interest in the March 12th meeting, we will now be holding the meeting on the 5th Floor in “Meridian.”
The Residential Green Building Committee is focused on improving the housing stock of the Commonwealth by championing green building practices in our communities. Join us on the second Monday of each month to be a part of the movement.
Guest speaker: Eric Wilkinson
Eric Wilkinson joined ELM in 2016. Prior to joining ELM, Eric served as Senior External Affairs Representative at ISO New England, the entity responsible for managing the wholesale energy grid. Eric’s responsibilities included environmental, climate change and renewable energy issues. Eric served as the lead for External Affairs on both the ISO’s energy-efficiency and distributed generation forecasts. Eric also served as Policy Advisor to the New Jersey Board of Public Utilities, overseeing implementation of the Board’s smart growth main extension rules and providing guidance on smart growth issues. He was Policy Director at New Jersey Future and a senior contributor to their smart growth and sustainable development policy analysis and initiatives. Eric has also worked as director of the EPA’s Voluntary Standards Network, and as a member of the President’s Council on Sustainable Development. Eric holds a Juris Doctorate and a Masters in the Study of Environmental Law, cum laude from the Vermont Law School.
Residential Green Building Committee
The committee’s objectives are to work to raise the awareness of the benefits of residential green building and remodeling and to increase the quantity of projects registering for LEED for Homes. The committee, through education and outreach, will focus on the following:
- Hold across MA, Lunch and LEED, education sessions and tours on topics such as Zero Net Energy, Deep Energy Retrofits and REGREEN
- Help the community understand and implement LEED for Homes and residential green building, remodeling and retrofits
- Ensure that our target markets are aware of available green building tools and resources
- Partner with other Green Building Programs
- Establish a collaborative relationship with a professional and/or community organizations
- Develop case studies and green residential building content for the USGBC MA website
Please contact Kimberly Le (email@example.com) if you are interested in joining this committee or plan on attending an upcoming meeting.