Buildings and Carbon
March 17 @ 9:00 am - 1:00 pm
This course will focus on climate impacts associated with carbon emissions from the built environment. It will emphasize the importance of goal setting and taking actions to manage building-related carbon emissions throughout the building’s life cycle. It will also introduce users to carbon accounting tools to allow them to evaluate the impact of and further inform design decisions.
This course is taught by Jason Deva Racusin. Jacob is co-owner of New Frameworks Natural Design/Build, offering services in green remodeling, new construction, consultation, and education featuring low-impact high-performance building technologies.
You and your business may be eligible to take this training for FREE! Learn more about this opportunity at our Green Building Training Program website.
- Understand the Climate Impact of our buildings and their role in the global carbon cycle from a systems-thinking perspective
- Understand operational and embodied carbon emissions and their sources
- Explore design tools and existing databases to help evaluate embodied carbon
- Understand supply chain basics: Why this is relevant, and how we can use this knowledge to achieve lower carbon emission outcomes in design.
- Introduce a process/workflow for achieving carbon goals.
Green Building Training Program Information
This course is now funded through the Commonwealth Workforce Training Fund’s Small Business Direct Access Program (SBDAP). If you are a small, Massachusetts-based business that employs 100 people or less, you and your employees may be eligible to take this training session for free! Learn more about this opportunity at our Green Building Training Program website.
** This course will be hosted virtually. All attendees, regardless of whether or not they are eligible for the Green Building Training Program (GBTP), must register for the course through our Eventbrite page. For GBTP participants, your company’s enrollment in the Commonwealth Workforce Training Fund’s Small Business Direct Access Program (SBDAP) must be verified before you can access the Zoom link – unverified participants will not be let into the meeting. **