By Allison Maynard, Communications Associate
Join us at SMMA's Cambridge office for an in-person webinar focused on introducing the WELL Building Standard. The WELL Building Standard® (WELL) is the world’s first building standard focused exclusively on human health and wellness. It marries best practices in design and construction with evidence-based medical and scientific research – harnessing the built environment as a vehicle to support human health and wellbeing. This webinar will provide an overview of the WELL Building Standard ideology, structure, and certification process. The medical basis for the concept categories is introduced along with design and construction strategies to create healthy buildings.
The objectives for the webinar are to:
- Articulate the financial, societal, and environmental benefits of WELL certification
- Identify the role of the International Well Building Institute and the WELL Building Standard
- Recognize the structure of the WELL Building Standard
- Explain the 7 concepts of the WELL Building standard, the strategies to achieve them, and the health impacts they address
- Summarize the certification process of the WELL Building Standard