Climate & Sustainability Leader | ARUP
Dedicated to sustainable development, Arup is a collective of designers, advisors and experts working globally. Founded to be humane and excellent, we collaborate with our clients and partners using imagination and technology to shape a better world.
We strive to build a more sustainable, resilient, and equitable world. From climate action to social equity, we consider the broadest impacts of our work. Sustainable development is at the heart of everything we do, and this purpose shapes our culture and the focus of our leadership. We incorporate environmental and social benefits into our work with communities and clients. Arup offers a broad and deep range of climate and sustainability services, spanning from decarbonizing buildings and electrifying transport to improving climate resilience.
We are looking for a Climate & Sustainability Leader to join our growing team in Boston. You would be joining our multidisciplinary team focusing on technical excellence and innovative solutions that shape a better future for people and the planet. This role will be a key member of our Americas East climate and sustainability services portfolio leadership team, growing work and delivering ground-breaking advisory and design projects for key clients across the public, private and non-profit sectors.
• Collaboration with the climate and sustainability leaders to inform and deliver regional strategy
• Develop the annual plan for delivery of climate & sustainability services to the Boston market in line with the regional and global strategy
• Business Development and Market Connection for climate & sustainability services in the Greater Boston area
• Supporting and leading bids for climate & sustainability services across Americas
• Delivery of climate & sustainability projects as a project manager, project director or domain expert
• Delivery and support of climate & sustainability services thinking on projects
• Growing the climate & sustainability services team in future years as the team and project opportunities grow
• Bachelor’s Degree in Environmental Science, Architecture, Engineering, or Planning
• 12+ years of professional experience in built environment sustainability consulting
• Professional licensure or accreditation in an appropriate field (CEM, PE, RA, AICP, PMP and/or LEED).
• Demonstrated experience in climate and sustainability services for public, private and non-profit sector clients
• Project management experience for projects
• Market profile through professional relationships and speaking engagements
• Self-directed, collaborative and experienced in providing guidance and leadership to team members
• Experience writing and developing proposals
• Understanding and engagement with local sustainability regulations and policies in Greater Boston and Massachusetts
Benefits that Work – At Arup, we have a comprehensive and valuable benefits program that works for our employees and their families while keeping costs low. These benefits provide health and welfare security for you as well as paid time off for rest and renewal. Our Global Profit Share Plan (paid bi-annually) provides an opportunity for you to share in the success of the Firm. As a valued employee of Arup, you can also choose to participate in our 401(k) plan with up to 10% company match to help you save for your future.
Flexible Working – We believe that flexible arrangements create a more inclusive way of working that supports our diversity and the wellbeing of our people. Options for alternative schedules and the ability to work outside of the office for a portion of your workweek are available.
Arup is an equal opportunity employer and all qualified applicants will receive consideration without regard to race, color, religion, sex, sexual orientation, gender identity, national origin, protected veteran status, spouse of protected veteran, or disability.
Interested candidates may apply at https://jobs.arup.com/jobs/climate-and-sustainability-leader-19018