By Grey Lee, Executive Director
It's time for a Board Election!
Are you interested in running for a Board of Directors position with the U.S. Green Building Council, Massachusetts Chapter?
All the information you need to find out your eligibility and how to nominate yourself (or others) is on this page (and associated links).
Nominations will be received between 1/4/16 and 1/18/16 (at noon).
Voting will commence at 5pm on 1/18/16 until 6:30pm on 1/21/16 (at the Annual General Meeting).
Chapter Board of Director Responsibilities
In general, a Director is expected to:
- Uphold the principles upon which the Chapter is founded;
- Act as a steward of the organization in all respects;
- Provide oversight of the Chapter’s relationships and activities;
- and Maintain the solvency of the Chapter, including
- Review and approve budgets
- Support the Chapter’s fundraising efforts by contributing or causing to be contributed $1500 per year
In particular, Directors are expected to:
- Attend meetings, currently held monthly alternately on first Thursdays (in person) and first Mondays (as a conference call) from 5:30 to 7:30pm
- Elect officers at the first meeting of the newly elected Board
- Participate in at least one committee by attending at least half the scheduled meetings or activities
The following categories have been designated to reserve at least one seat in this election cycle:
- Corporate Sustainability,
- Planning and
- Finance & Banking