By USGBC MA
The USGBC Massachusetts Chapter is pleased to announce that we are currently planning our 2017 Greenbuild Boston Legacy Project! Similar to what Los Angeles did for Greenbuild 2016, and what Washington D.C. did in 2015, Boston is planning to make sure that the city – and the world has a whole – never forgets the impact that can be made by the green building community. Below, you will find information on how you can submit a proposal to see your idea come to life, which will remain a staple of Greenbuild history forever.
Request for Proposals
Legacy Project Greenbuild Boston 2017
On November 8, 2017, USGBC Massachusetts Chapter and the City of Boston will host the 2017 Greenbuild International Conference and Expo. Our parent organization, the U.S. Green Building Council (USGBC) organizes this annual event, which will bring over 30,000 sustainability leaders and advocates to our region.
Click here to read this information as a pdf.
The theme for the Boston conference is “ALL IN” to encompass the breadth and diversity of the sustainability and green building movement drawing on Boston’s status as the place where it all began. Along these same lines, USGBC and USGBC MA seek to leave Greater Boston with a lasting gift. The “Legacy Project” will provide a significant contribution to greening the local area, while striving to meet some, if not all, of the following criteria:
- Serves as a permanent gift of ongoing service to the Host city;
- Serves people of varied socio-economic backgrounds;
- Is Greenbuild oriented (i.e., showcases sustainable and green practices and benefits);
- Is community supported;
- Has an educational aspect.
- Issuance of RFP – January 27, 2017
- Deadline for Submission of Questions to USGBC MA – February 17, 2017 (by 5:00pm EST)
- Responses to Questions returned by – February 21, 2017
- Proposal Submission Due Date – March 6, 2017 (by 5:00pm EST)
- Finalists selected by Legacy Project Committee – March 13, 2017
- Final Presentations/Judging to Boston Greenbuild Host Committee – March 21, 2017
- Selected Legacy Project Announced – March 23, 2017