- This event has passed.
CANCELLED | Presinar: Speech Privacy & Sound Masking in Modern Architecture
May 20 @ 4:30 pm - 6:00 pm
** In response to the increasing spread of the novel coronavirus/COVID-19, we are exercising caution by rethinking our events programming. For the time being, all presinars up until June will be cancelled until further notice. We thank you for your cooperation and patience. **
This course will review the importance of workplace speech privacy in relation to health, safety, and welfare along with solutions in sound masking technology.
- Understand the importance of acoustic privacy in the workplace
- Describe the principles involved in the ABC’s of good acoustical design
- Understand what speech privacy is and how it is measured
- Understand what sound masking is and what role it plays in speech privacy
- Identify some of the major design issues related to speech privacy in open offices, private offices, and health facilities.
Credits: 1 AIA 1 GBCI (LEED General)