In South Boston, there is an old rum distillery retro-fitted to be a Passive House. Join USGBC MA for a behind the scenes presentation about the architectural features of the space, as well as a tour of the location.
- No drafts, temperature gradients, or excessive dryness and humidity
- Uses 95% less energy HVAC compared to a building in its class.
- Advanced air filtration that removes hazardous particulates from city air
- Extra insulation and triple-paned, openable windows, making it quieter than other buildings.
- Conveniently located and easily accessible
- Resident parking, interior and outside lots 360 degree city views from the roof
- High-end finishes and high ceilings
- In-unit washer and dryer
- Roof access with grow beds
The challenge of the project was how to make PH construction– which would meet certification, with 90 – 95% reduction in thermal energy requirements. Overcoming this problem involved innovative design, sourcing, construction methods, and sequencing, as well as education of the General Contractor and strict oversight.
Are you a member of USGBC MA?
We recently changed how our ticket system works. Now, if you are a member of USGBC MA, first click the “Discount Code” text in the ticket purchasing window, and enter the email associated with your account.
Not sure if you are a member? No problem, you can check here, or purchase a membership here.