By Grey Lee, Executive Director
After months of anticipation, it is finally official: Mahesh Ramanujam is now the official CEO for USGBC – taking over from founding CEO, Rick Fedrizzi.
I have met Mahesh many times at USGBC meetings and he has always come across as a very energetic, passionate, and articulate person. He has a vision for our work. I believe he can help us work toward our mission as a Chapter here in Massachusetts.
He sees us being able to incorporate sustainabilty more and more into the built environment, using the tools USGBC has developed.
He is not patient, considering the urgency of our environmental and social challenges, and has really shaken things up at USGBC.
I look forward to working with Mahesh and his team at USGBC to build a better system to advocate for market transformation for sustainability. It is exciting to see the many tools – LEED, WELL, SITES and others in the GBCI portfolio – and to know more and more people are using them every day.
I look forward to the support of USGBC as we build our base and grow our influence in Massachusetts and our region.
You can read Mahesh's statement here.
I am eager to work with USGBC on his priorities:
- Own the vision for USGBC and work hard to inspire others to share in its ownership.
- Provide resources to our community that will help everyone to grow and lead.
- Help shape the culture of the green building movement to be as inclusive, diverse and innovative as possible.
- Strive to make decisions that will serve our interests in both the short and long term.
- Deliver on USGBC’s performance by never losing sight of our market transformation vision.