Building Performance Specialist | Utile
We are seeking a passionate and enthusiastic Building Performance Specialist to support our growing Passive House work and advance our efforts to decarbonize our projects at a broad range of scales. The daily responsibilities will include conducting energy analysis and effectively communicating technical concepts to project teams and clients, under the guidance of the Director of Sustainable Design.
Location: Based in our Boston office. Hybrid schedule – 3 days in-office minimum
• Assist with in-house Passive House energy modeling and consulting for multifamily housing projects
• Support project teams for sustainable design and building performance integration at various stages of project design
• Support early-phase sustainability documentation for development review projects, including green rating system checklists and narrative writing
• Assist with sustainability integration on urban planning and design work
• Depending on the skillset of the applicant, responsibilities could also include direct assistance to project teams in the development of envelope assembly drawings and building performance related diagrams
• Bilingual abilities are a plus
Required Skills & Expertise:
• Bachelor or Master’s degree in engineering, building technology, or related field
• Phius Certified Consultant (CPHC) credential
• 1-2 years experience setting up and conducting WUFI Passive and THERM energy modeling, and experience compiling documentation for and submitting Phius projects for Design Certification
• Understanding of high-performance building envelope and net zero design concepts, including HVAC system typologies and design, particularly for multifamily housing
• Familiarity with LEED and other sustainability rating systems
• Ability to communicate clearly and concisely when presenting ideas, concepts, and technical information
• Excellent organizational and time management skills and ability to work independently as well as in a team setting
• Proficiency in design software such as Rhino and Revit. Previous experience with environmental analysis plug-ins such as Climate Studio encouraged
• Experience in multizone energy modeling (eQUEST or similar) for non-residential projects encouraged
• Experience in embodied carbon life cycle analysis software encouraged
Utile offers competitive salaries, health insurance, retirement plans, commuter benefits, professional development opportunities, and a work environment that thrives on the exchange of ideas and open dialogue. Utile is an Equal Opportunity Employer committed to creating a workspace that serves as a home for a community and culture reflective of the diverse populations our work serves. We seek to build an inclusive office and encourage all qualified individuals to apply.
To apply, please fill out this form and use it to upload your resume, cover letter, and work sample/portfolio (10MB max). If you have any further questions feel free to reach out to firstname.lastname@example.org.