Sustainability Consultant | The Green Engineer
Exciting opportunity to join a team of well-respected and dedicated sustainability experts in the greater Boston area! We are an employee-owned MA Benefit Corporation, located in Concord, MA, recognized as “Best for the World” for our environmental performance by B Lab. Currently seeking a Sustainability Consultant to serve as project lead for all aspects of sustainable design consulting and the LEED /WELL/Fitwel certification process on projects ranging from small commercial tenant fit-outs to multi-million-dollar new construction projects. Provide cost effective and high-performance design consulting services to clients for sustainable building design, LEED/ WELL/Fitwel certification, and other related services as needed. $70-75K base salary.
The Sustainability Consultant will:
- Manage internal project team to meet project budgets and schedules
- Develop and maintain long term client relationships
- Manage client and external teams throughout the project
- Develop final LEED/CHPS/WELL documentation and submit applications to third party review bodies.
- Provide detailed milestone document reviews with respect to project sustainable design and certification goals/targets
- Work with building owners to develop programs and policies, including educational materials, to support sustainable building operations
- Prepare, facilitate, and manage Sustainable Design workshops/charrettes and client meetings
- Coordinate project work with assigned Building Performance Analysts (technical staff)
- Participate in monthly invoice reviews and recommend budget revisions, based on project progress, when necessary.
- Act as subject matter expert for project team, field personnel, subcontractors, and vendors
- Provide leadership, training, and education to external project team members
- Represent TGE at industry and public events.
- Research green building technologies, trends and materials; assist with in-house tool and resource development
- Bachelor’s or Master’s Degree in Architecture, Engineering, Construction Management, Planning, Policy, or similar
- Minimum of 3 years’ experience in related field.
- LEED Accredited Professional with experience in LEED projects
- Demonstrated in-depth knowledge and experience with “Green Building” and/or “Health and Wellness” practices, policies, technologies etc
- Strong time and project management skills with the ability to manage competing priorities
- Self- starter with the ability to work autonomously and as a team player
- Excellent verbal, written and presentation skills
- Experience presenting information to all levels of internal and external constituents. Has ease and full ability to present information to clients and lead project meetings and conference calls with multiple parties.
- Demonstrated success managing client relationships, staff and projects.
- Strong problem-solving skills
- Proficiency with AutoCAD, Adobe Acrobat, Revit, Sketchup and Microsoft Office Suite
Compensation is commensurate with experience. The Green Engineer, Inc. is a Certified B Corporation and provides excellent benefits including 100% employer paid health care, paid professional development, flex-time, unlimited PTO, bonuses, 401K plan, profit sharing and more!
The Green Engineer is committed to diversity, equity and inclusion, and does not discriminate in employment on the basis of race, color, religion, sex (including pregnancy and gender identity), national origin, political affiliation, sexual orientation, marital status, disability, genetic information, age, membership in an employee organization, retaliation, parental status, military service, or other non-merit factor.
Please submit resume and cover letter to [email protected]