Multimedia Communications Specialist
We are seeking a communications professional, with at least two years of experience, to join a growing non-profit with a big mission. The role will begin remotely.
Boston Metro Area | Full-time Role | Salary will be commensurate with experience.
Built Environment Plus is a member-based community driving sustainable and regenerative design, construction, operations of the built environment. We envision a thriving and diverse community, creating a built environment of net positive systems of water and energy, of financial and social equity, and of ecological and human health. BE+ provides green building education, networking, advocacy and leadership opportunities for the sustainable building practitioner community and beyond. Our events and programming are supported and enhanced by the volunteer efforts of our community members.
We are looking for the right candidate to communicate the importance of sustainable building practices to a multiple stakeholder audience. Our ability to communicate complicated concepts through images, infographics, and visual tools is essential to our traction on social media and other communication channels.
The organization, and this role with it, constantly evolve to find new ways to drive the sustainability of the built environment. The stakes are high and there’s a lot of work to do. The pace is fast. The work can be intense. At the same time the role and the work we do is extremely rewarding. Be ready to jump in with your whole self and join our small team making a big impact.
The Multimedia Communications Specialist is a full-time position responsible for managing all organizational communications, graphics, and related marketing technology. This includes designing and developing a wide variety of project-specific marketing assets for BE+, including brand identity, website, social media, advertising, emails, presentations, videos/film, and other print collateral. The position assists in cultivating community and building our member and sponsor base through consistent communication and promotion of our activities.
This is a critical role responsible for promoting all BE+ activities to the public and stakeholders. We are looking for a dedicated, experienced, and enthusiastic marketer/communications specialist with the commitment, skills, and desire required to continue growing and sustaining the resources BE+ needs to fulfill its mission. The position will be supervised by the Associate Director of Community Engagement, or Executive Director, based on experience level. The position will be remote while COVID-19 remains a threat and possibly longer.
Primary Duties and Responsibilities:
The Multimedia Communications Specialist will have two primary areas of responsibility:
Marketing and Communications
- Oversees, produces, and distributes from concept to completion, a broad array of digital media, video, and/or print communication materials;
- Manage social media pages/streams; (Hootsuite/Social Websites)
- Serve as direct contact for members, event registrations and website questions; (communications email)
- Maintain, manage, and continually update the website; updating pages and posting trainings / events; (WordPress / Eventbrite)
- Manage and create all outbound mass emails, including event promotion and newsletters; (Mailchimp)
Graphic Design and Technology
- Design and develop content for all online & offline communications using industry-standard Adobe Creative Suite Programs;
- Manage Photography and Videography needs; and all editing post-production;
- Manage all printing production, poster construction, and other physical fabrication needs;
In addition, the Marketing Associate will play a co-equal role in staff-wide requirements:
- Contribute to fundraising efforts by participating in strategic fundraising planning, meetings, events and activities;
- Staff public events;
- Co-Manage seasonal staff and interns;
- Co-Plan Organizational Development, working with the team to help Built Environment Plus continue to grow and evolve to meet the needs of our network and our mission, including regular staff meetings, and organizational planning and evaluation retreats;
- Demonstrate leadership and solidarity in network development, engaging and growing the diverse spectrum of stakeholders and communities that Built Environment Plus seeks to serve and empower;
In order to fulfill the stated responsibilities of the role, the ideal candidate will have the following skills and experience:
- Passionate commitment to the principles of sustainability, regeneration, green building;
- Graphic design skills, with knowledge of Photoshop, InDesign, Illustrator proficiency;
- Enthusiasm for fundraising, writing, organizational development, and sustaining and improving the overall health of the organization;
- Strong online communications skills, including email, social media, web publishing and analytics, WordPress or other website editing skills a strong plus;
- Detail-oriented and self-starter. We are a small team, and the individual will need to manage their own workload, as well as work well with the team;
- Prolific and efficient writing skills; ability to write in a variety of styles for multiple audiences;
- Basic knowledge of and experience using CRM software such as Salesforce;
- Successful experience coordinating volunteers and other unpaid stakeholders;
- Strong work ethic, highly self-motivated;
- Flexibility in the job role, understanding the need to dynamically respond to evolving BE+ needs that are often driven by external events and opportunities;
- Project management skills; and a high standard for file management;
- Ability to work evenings and mornings for events;
- Ability to think out of the box and find creative, unorthodox solutions when needed;
Desired skills and experience:
- Creating, or supporting, Podcast recording and publishing;
- Knowledge of live streaming technology and platforms; first hand experience advantageous;
- Familiarity with the following programs/platforms: Mailchimp, Eventbrite, Hootsuite, Google Suite, Survey Monkey, Asana, Slack, Miro, Zoom, WordPress with Divi Builder, YouTube/Vimeo;
- Experience in the Green Building industry;
- Comfort with Public Speaking;
- Ability to manage computers, cameras and other physical technology;
Education & Experience
Bachelors degree in related field. Advanced degree preferred.
Salary will be commensurate with experience.
The company provides health benefits and a 401k plan.
Please email your resume, a portfolio/work sample, a writing sample, and a statement on your passion for promoting a regenerative built environment to [email protected]