Marketing and Graphics Associate:
Seeking a marketing and graphic design professional, with at least two years of experience, to join a growing non-profit with a big mission. The role will begin remotely.
Salary will be commensurate with experience.
Built Environment Plus (BE+), formerly the US Green Building Council Massachusetts Chapter, drives sustainable and regenerative design, construction, operations of the built environment. We envision a thriving and diverse community, creating a built environment of net positive systems of water and energy, of financial and social equity, and of ecological and human health. BE+ provides green building education, networking, advocacy and leadership opportunities for the sustainable building practitioner community and beyond. Our events and programming are supported and enhanced by the volunteer efforts of our community members.
We are looking for the right candidate to communicate the importance of sustainable building practices to a multiple stakeholder audience. Our ability to communicate complicated concepts through images, infographics, and visual tools is essential to our traction on social media and other communication channels.
The Marketing and Graphics Associate is a full-time position responsible for managing all organizational communications, graphics, and related marketing technology. The position assists in cultivating community and building our member and sponsor base through consistent communication and promotion of our activities.
The Marketing and Graphics Associate is a critical role responsible for promoting all BE+ activities to the public and stakeholders. We are looking for a dedicated, experienced, and enthusiastic marketer /communications specialist with the commitment, skills, and desire required to continue growing and sustaining the resources BE+ needs to fulfill its mission. The position will be supervised by the Executive Director. The position will be remote while COVID-19 remains a threat and possibly longer.
Primary Duties and Responsibilities:
The Marketing and Graphics Associate will have two primary areas of responsibility:
- Manage social media pages/streams;
- Serve as direct contact for members, event registrations and website questions;
- Manage the website & scrolling news items;
- Manage and create all outbound mass emails, including event promotion and newsletters.
Graphic Design and Technology
- Design and develop content for all online & offline communications using industry-standard Adobe Creative Suite Programs;
- Manage our membership and sponsor CRMs.
In addition, the Marketing Associate will play a co-equal role in staff-wide requirements:
- Contribute to fundraising efforts by participating in strategic fundraising planning, meetings, events and activities;
- Staff public events;
- Co-Manage seasonal staff and interns;
- Co-Plan Organizational Development, working with the team to help USGBC MA continue to grow and evolve to meet the needs of our network and our mission, including regular staff meetings, and organizational planning and evaluation retreats;
- Demonstrate leadership and solidarity in network development, engaging and growing the diverse spectrum of stakeholders and communities that USGBC MA seeks to serve and empower.
In order to fulfil the stated responsibilities of the role, the ideal candidate will have the following skills and experience:
- Passionate commitment to the principles of sustainability, regeneration, green building.
- Graphic design skills, with knowledge of Photoshop, InDesign, Illustrator proficiency;
- Enthusiasm for fundraising, writing, organizational development, and sustaining and improving the overall health of the organization;
- Strong online communications skills, including email, social media, web publishing and analytics, WordPress or other website editing skills a strong plus;
- Detail-oriented and self-starter. We are a small team, and the individual will need to manage their own workload, as well as work well with the team.
- Prolific and efficient writing skills; ability to write in a variety of styles for multiple audiences;
- Basic knowledge of and experience using CRM software such as Salesforce;
- Successful experience coordinating volunteers and other unpaid stakeholders;
- Strong work ethic, highly self-motivated;
- Flexibility in the job role, understanding the need to dynamically respond to evolving and BE+ needs that are often driven by external events and opportunities;
- Project management skills;
- Ability to work evenings and mornings for events.
Salary will be commensurate with experience.
The company provides health benefits and a 401k plan.
Please submit the following with your application to [email protected]:
- A portfolio of graphic design work or samples of work;
- Writing sample that demonstrates your writing style;
- Your resume;
- And a cover letter answering the question: Why are you drawn to our mission?